Friday, July 25, 2008

Chicago Open Regional Competition THIS WEEKEND!


Hi gang! So I've decided that it's about time I started letting you know what's going on in my ballroom world again. :-)



This weekend...starting at about 2pm CST today actually.... is the summer regional comp for Fred Astaire studio's in the area. It is known as the Chicago Open.


It will be at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare (same venue we gather at for all our regionals)





For all those not competing (like me) we have to show our support! Tonight's evening session begins at 6:30pm CST for Pro/am. The Pro competition will be this evening as well... likely to start at aprox. 8:00 CST. Cost for this evening from 6:30 CST on: aprox $40. I'll be there...probably 7:30 CST or so. If it's possible for me to be available when RT is competing... you better believe I'm going to support him!





Saturday all are welcome to come and watch the competition during the day (9:00am to 5:00pm CST), that too has an admission fee, not sure what it is, I unfortunately won't be able to make the day session... In the evening, for those of us that reserved in advance, there is a lovely dinner. Typically these are formal affairs and followed by a show put on by some professionals the likes of which are seen on Dancing With The Stars. This time however we are being treated to a 1950's themed sock hop! All are still welcome to attend the dance party after dinner, (for a nominal fee) tickets are available at the door and it should open up about 8:00pm CST or so. Entertainment is to be provided by the CROWN VICS a premier 1950's style band from the area. I love this kind of music!



I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while...even more so since I haven't been dancing... tomorrow night is the test to see if I can make it back to the dance floor officially! I hope to see you there!

No comments: