Monday, February 14, 2011

No More Hanging On....

“Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin.” - Denise McCluggage


So let’s review… since mid December there is just about no aspect of my life that hasn’t changed. Even the few things that have seemingly stayed the same are different. I still have the same awesome friends and family… but I’m somehow closer to them all. My co-workers are the same.. but they all proved that they are really awesome people too.. and have even made me lower some of those boundaries between work/personal life. (Some, all wouldn’t be healthy) 

The changes keep coming, sometimes I feel like I’m standing amidst hurricane winds and if I don’t keep any eye on every little thing it will all just blow away. Then I realized… It’s ME that has to change. I’ve managed to maintain a very positive healthy attitude about the changes… but that’s not enough. There’s some serious fundamental evolutionary change that has to go on here. Change is constant, sure not quite as drastic as some of the changing that’s been going on over here..but it’s normal… and there’s no use in trying to desperately hang on to things that for one reason or another just need to change, evolve, or leave. Just treasure the experience, the time, the emotion, and roll with the punches.


Wow, I even surprise myself with that tidbit of wisdom. It’s nothing short of true. As the quote above says…. “Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin.” No, not sin in the pray every night before you go to bed kind of “Sin” there are more meanings to that word than you realize. Hanging on is the only thing that’s going to hurt you in the end is all that means.


On a more fun note of change…It’s not all doom, gloom and scary..some of it is pretty damn awesome! Get this ya’ll… Largo and I have had a few lessons and he’s insisted that we work on American Smooth Waltz and Foxtrot… yeah that’s right.. this girl is getting her Smooth grove on! Mainly because I have to build up my ankle strength and this is the way to do it and still get my dancing in. You’ll never believe that I had the most amazing breakthrough with it. I’m looking forward to more Smooth lessons. *GAK!* Did I really just type that?!?! Long time readers know how loyal I am to my American Rhythm and Salsa… and that hasn’t changed, but I think until my ankles are a little better Smooth is the way to go… and perhaps I’ll try to see what International is all about??


I used to say “This too shall Pass.. and That which doesn’t kill me only serves to make me stronger”

I’ve officially dropped the “This too shall pass” bit… of course it will! If you don’t like something change it, if you can’t change it..change your approach to it…

I’ve got some inherent, possibly genetic laziness to change too which is possibly my biggest challenge ahead… but if I can do THAT? I’ll be completely, totally, and utterly, unstoppable! (That’s kind of exciting!)



Happy Dancing!

Kat

PS Happy Valentine's Day too! XO ;-)

No comments: