Monday, May 10, 2010

Big Dance News… Emerald Star Ball


Hi gang!
I've got some big news of my own... but first allow me to brag a bit about the professional dancers I know. Two weekends ago the nation's second largest ballroom competition took place. Emerald Ball in Los Angeles California.
This comp is HUGE… I believe I read 10,800 entries total between professional, pro/am, and amateur.
First of all… A BIG THANKS to one of my Facebook friends for somehow setting up a LIVE VIDEO STREAM for the Friday night events. Savvy and I sat in our pajamas till 3am Chicago time watching the excitement unfold as we saw the following results. (Also, we have never been so comfy while watching a ballroom competition!)

 
Largo and TNT WON the Rising Star Division of American Rhythm!!!!

 
STP and HFC placed SECOND in Rising Star American Rhythm!!!

 
TSD and FAF placed 6th in Rising Star American Smooth!!!


M/V (aka "The Theatre Arts Couple") from Fred Astaire Michigan Avenue WON the Show dance division for the 2nd YEAR IN A ROW!!!




 
As a true fan of these dancers I can't even tell you how amazing it is to be in their continually growing fan base.

 
SO PROUD TO KNOW AND LEARN FROM YOU ALL! CONGRATULATIONS and KEEP IT UP!





Photographs by Fred Astaire Chicago North and Stephen Marino of Decadance Photography

No comments: