Monday, April 6, 2009

My Routine.. Two More Practices Down... Is This Really Going to Happen??

Well I've had two more Routine practices since my last update. We're getting up to tempo by the end of the practices, and there are very clearly spots where we're nailing everything and then spots where I clearly can't recall what's coming up. It's going to end up being a lot faster than I think I thought it was going to be. It's a Cha Cha... I don't know what on earth I was thinking, of course it's going to be faster! I desperately just want to book like three lessons back to back and take the time needed to just hammer all the finer points out...but that's not the way my dance world works. So I study, practice in my head a lot... and try to apply what I'm seeing in my head to the dance floor.

So far I think we're on track... RT says we are... but I'm not feeling it yet... I'll know it when I feel it... I'm looking for that "on" feeling, and I need to get it regularly with this Routine before I agree to get out there and do it in front of my whole world. Right now, performance date hinges on a couple of recent developments in addition to my actually sucking it up and letting us practice a few things I've held out on. I've also asked RT to work on an ending of some kind... Routines such as mine is designed to loop for competition reasons... for a performance we need a defined finish line. We'll see what he comes up with... perhaps it will end up being a collaboration.

No comments: