Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The War with Food Continues...


I’d love to tell you that it’s easy, that I found the secret to making weight loss and getting in shape easy. I can tell you that what I’ve found has made it easier… but definitely not easy. So far I’ve managed to drop 110lbs using dancing as my inspiration and my drive. If you look at the numbers I’m over the midway point heading into the “home stretch”. However, the closer I get to my target weight, the harder it is to get there. Am I discouraged? A little… Am I disappointed in myself? Absolutely!

Rather than being on the down hill slide of all this, it appears I’m facing a rather hard up hill battle. My body it seams is quite pleased with itself at my current weight, and the last few times I’ve dropped any pounds they’ve come right back. It’s quite depressing! I’m not sure where to go from here. Nearly everything I’ve been doing so far has become habit for which I am pleased. I still have an argument with myself every morning, afternoon and evening about working out... Some days I win, some I loose. I just can’t allow that to hold me back. I knew it was going to get harder, I just didn’t expect the true challenges to happen until I got to the last 40lbs or so. So for the time being I’m in limbo maintaining my current path of trying to reach that ever elusive goal.


Sometimes I really wish I could be one of those people with that fantastic metabolism that just takes care of everything they eat, or that I was gifted enough to maintain a job in the fine arts world that would have me moving around and performing all the time (can you imagine how many calories per day your average dance instructor burns?) I guess all that will have to wait for the next life to start at an earlier age. I just have to deal with the fact that during this life, if I want to be healthy, I will be in a constant battle with food. I may not win each and every battle, but I'm fairly certain I will win the war.

No comments: