Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Routine... Let the Practice Begin!

Last week I didn't have any lessons because I was out of town for business. However I did have my choreography done for my routine!

Let me tell you, the fact that I couldn't be there killed me! I had scheduled it thinking I would be in town, and forgot to tell my employer that I would prefer not to travel at least on the day of the choreography. Being that it's very difficult to get a choreography/coaching scheduled I decided to let it go on without me. A student doesn't need to be present for a choreography because the final is recorded on DVD to take home and practice. I did call several times during my appointment to try and get an idea of what was going on. All I heard from multiple sources was "You're going to like it, but especially the second half." That was all I had to keep me going the whole week until I could get home and be in the studio on Friday to see the recording. Knowing I would need to record the event for this blog, I left my camera with KIT all week, and she was nice enough to get a few pictures and some video for all of you to see!

My choreographer is Stephen Knight he is well known for his choreography so I was lucky to get my appointment with him (yet another reason why I didn't cancel). I was advised from several fellow students (including Bonnie and Michael of Bonnie's Belle Gowns) that they have all been pleased with their routines.

The dance, as we all know... is a Cha Cha. I had had a few discussions with RT and TNT (TNT was there to dance the "follow" part in my recording) about what I was looking for. I wanted the Cha Cha to be classic fun and flirty, not a modern Hip Hop stylized version. I wanted to have a fair amount of spins, and if possible showcase my flexibility.

I haven't watched the DVD much yet, but I think it's going to be a good dance! I have my first practice set up with RT this week... I don't know how much of the routine I'm going to be able to retain before I've been through it a couple of times...but I sure will try!



















Well the pictures look like they were having a good time! I can't wait to start practicing!




No comments: