Monday, October 27, 2008

This is Why I Dance...

In a world that spirals seemingly out of control.
Music keeps time balanced in my soul.
Even when I can't do right.
Dancing helps me see the light.
When all else fails and my mood is grim.
Get me to a dance floor and let me spin.
For as frustrating as learning the technique can be...
The happiest moments are between my partner, the dance floor, and me.
This is why I dance.


I know it's a bit childish with the rhyming and all... but I had a whim. Also an equal parts frustrating and progressive lesson with RT, followed by Social Latin and International group classes (As instructed by RT and Largo respectively).

Where there were some things I honestly didn't know if I'd be able to survive unscathed a few hours ago. The break from reality that is the dance floor allowed for a fresh perspective and some clarity, that I seem to only be able to find after dancing.

So maybe I still don't like MonDAYS.... but Monday NIGHTS are awesome!Photobucket

2 comments:

pdp1134 said...

Most of my rhyming seems so forced: yours is not! Nice job!

On surviving: it's amazing what we CAN get through. In bad times, when you think you can't get any lower, you DO (sometimes) sink lower, and find that Hey, I can make it! God has made us stronger than we think!
Michael

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Michael!

I'm pretty sure bottom has hit... I just have to claw my way up from here... :-)