Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Student's First Comp... FAST Approaching!

Well the final week before the October DanceSport Challenge is upon us... This Saturday and Sunday all in the Fred Astaire Chicago Region will gather at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for what will surely be an exciting competition.

Ellen is pretty much all set, we've been to the mall to get sparkly earrings (Swarovski Crystal no less!!) and makeup. She's got her Smooth and Rhythm shoes, false eyelashes, fishnets and the dresses should be delivered within the next day or two. I know she's anxious, I'm excited for her!! I plan on being in attendance for most, if not all of the comp. I can't WAIT to try and get pictures and stand on the sidelines to shout for her! (My goal is to lose my voice this weekend... a feat that is not easy for me to do... as I'm not exactly known for being soft spoken. :) )

Unfortunately I am not in possession of a laptop or I'd update you all as things transpire, but I'll have plenty of time to jot notes and I'll make sure to get Ellen's feelings before, during, and after the competition. I'll get them up here for you as soon as I can.

Even as a spectator I don't take competition weekends lightly. I plan, prepare, have wardrobe changes, all to make sure that I am the best supporter I can be.

RT, Largo, and their respective partners will be competing on Saturday night. I LOVE to support the professionals! I've been deemed RT's greatest fan (I can't imagine where anyone got that idea!) and I like to live up to that.

I hope to see you all there! Don't forget to go nuts and support your favorites!!

No comments: