Thursday, September 20, 2007

This Week's Lesson: Picking up Tango, and Dropping More Weight

Whew! Check out that counter below! I STILL haven't lit up... and I feel GREAT! I had another lesson tonight... new instructor for me, the usual instructor is out sick, a while I usually would wait for him to return... but I HAD to dance this week!


This lesson, have to say...wasn't bad, this was my first time meeting this particular instructor and his teaching style was different than I'm used to...but we live and adapt right? I cruised over what I had been working on... we opened with a nice Salsa.... conversing while we adjust to each other's lead/follow... and senses of humor... Salsa done...we reviewed a new "sportier" step in my Rumba... I was shocked that I had remembered any of it from the last lesson... but It didn't go so badly...and more Cuban motion technique work...which I'm forever working on... (EXCELLENT work out for the upper/lower abs and lats by the way.) I think I finally figured out how to do it while going backwards... which is tricky!


Then on to smooth (my absolute nemesis on the dance floor is smooth, it requires so much control I often feel like I'm about to fall over) Foxtrot was surprisingly easy... but he kept the steps rather simple...I wasn't having much trouble with the following bit... I even received some compliments on details I still believe I have to work on…but it was nice to hear anyway... he even slipped in a little Waltz...which is a dance I NEVER got the hang of... then surprise of all surprises… he asked me if I could Tango...which in comparison to all my other dances... I can't...
I'm lucky I can spell it... but, feeling rather open minded...I agreed to give it a try... and for the first time I actually felt like I could follow it... I'll have to remember that for my next lesson.
We got to finish up with some East Coast Swing... YEA!! This is a dance I can pretty much lead myself through and a true favorite... technically I’m not great... but I surprised the new instructor… which I LOVE... and on to West Coast...which was harder as the only lead I've ever really had is my usual instructor but still I tried not to become frustrated and learned quite a bit...

All in all good lesson...worth my time... absolutely... and being that I've FINALLY dropped the weight I added back on during my bout of bad moods I'm at 93 lbs down at this moment... I can't even begin to tell you what it feels like to be this close to losing 100lbs... It’s unreal... I'll have to think of a way to put it into words for you... look out for that next post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat... You are truly an amazing person. It is very refreshing to see someone that works their tail off (literally) to acheive their goals. Too many people get stuck in life with their wheels spinning, but you seem to have the determination to keep going. I am very happy for you, and excited that you are meeting/exceeding the goals you have set for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Kinda reminds me of Bridget Jones Diary.

My favorite quotes from you include:

A) I didn't spend the whole day thinking about smoking...I'm sure visions of cigarettes dancing around like sugar plumb fairies is about to start...

2) I continued to slip into the old habits of sitting on my couch, not waking up early enough to work out, and generally becoming an excuse machine for everything.

D) Yep, that’s right…the floor and I have to develop a relationship, although I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a little one sided.

The last one is very clever :-)

Anyhoo, it was good to see a more recent picture of you since I haven't seen one in years. You look stunning!

Stay off the cancer sticks, stay healthy and pray.

Bye.
Your cousin out West.